Just a quick post to update what's been going on in our lives. Brent is just finishing up on his shed. He has to put the shelving in and do a few touch-ups on the outside and then he's done. I can't wait to start moving things into the loft. We don't have a lot of storage space in our house so all our stuff is kind of all over the place and crammed everywhere. Brent and I are also finishing up the semester. We have about 2 weeks left until finals and we are SOOO READY for the semester to be over. He's so amazing, I think he's taking 18 credits and it seems so easy for him. I'm only taking 10 and I'm going crazy. I've finished both my online classes and now I just need to make it through my math class. I'm taking the final on the 27th and probably having the baby the next day (that is if I don't have her early). I am so excited to be done with my pregnancy that I really haven't put much thought into the fact that afterwards, I'll have two children at home ALL THE TIME. I'm really nervous to have two kids. Things are going to be a lot harder, like going to the store or anywhere for that matter. I think about Ayden's routine of dinner, bath, jammies, bedtime and so forth and realized I'm going to have to do that with two kids now. It's a little scary but I'm so glad I have Brent to help me. That's one thing I love about him, he's always willing to help me with things like that. He never get to see Ayden so when it comes to things like that, he loves doing them. That is time he gets to spend with Ayden, whereas I'm pulling my hair out because I'm exhausted and ready to have some alone time. Ayden is doing good. For the past 3 years, Ayden has been for the most part, a sweet and easy going child. I remember telling someone that I'm not going to get lucky twice. Either he's going to change and become a monster or my little girl will come out being a monster. I can officially say I was right. Ayden has become the monster. Don't get me wrong, I still love him and have no plans of posting him for sale on ksl but he's definitely showing me and everyone else that he is 3 and has a mind of his own. He is VERY VERY stubborn and persistent. It's so frustrating when he wants to do something because he won't give up. I'm not a stubborn person at all and I tease Brent and say it's his fault our son is so persistent. He's also very good at throwing tantrums now. He can throw some amazingly horrible tantrums. He kicks, hits, screams and cries. It's pretty impressive actually. Brent and I have had to read up alot on why he's doing this. He's going through a phase and we have to be VERY PATIENT with him. We have to let him know that it's not okay to throw a tantrum but at the same time try and ignore it if we can. Anway, it's been pretty crazy. Regardless, we'll love him no matter what and continue to be patient and loving with him during this phase. I just hope having a baby doesn't make the sitution worse.
Oh yeah, and we have no idea what we are naming the baby and we won't choose until we see her. So if anyone is wondering what her name is, don't feel left out, we're wondering the same thing. We'll let you know as soon as we know.
2 comments:
hurray, you are almost there!!! we can't wait to meet her!
You're gonna do great with two kids Shal! But it will definitely be A LOT of work. You and Brent have such full plates I don't know how you do it. It sounds like you guys are a great team though :D
Post a Comment