So I was thinking the other day how I've been doing the "Mom" thing for a little over 6 years and I'm still amazed at how much it changes your life.
- Going to the store by yourself is suddenly a vacation.
- Going to the bathroom and not being disturbed is considered your "alone time" for the day.
- You look up dance schools or prices/places for karate lessons in your spare time.
- You lose sleep at night Google-ing parenting tips and strategies for your child's behavior.
- You're SUPER proud of yourself for making cauliflower look like mashed potatoes so you're kids will eat healthier.
- You're constantly wondering if you're doing enough or being a good enough Mom to your kids.
- You get up in the morning and already are so busy that putting on a BRA and BRUSHING YOUR TEETH are all you get to do to get ready for the day.
- You have your kid's doctor, dentist and EMT neighbor on speed dial.
- Your kid's needs take WAY higher priority than your own.
- You keep your baby's hair from his/her first hair cut....(A little weird but I do it)
- When you actually get time to yourself, you don't know what to do with it.
It's so interesting how your mindset changes and shifts towards your children and then nothing else is really ever THAT important ever again. Your life is for your kids now and then if there's time leftover (which there never is) you think about your needs. For instance, I've been taking Ayden to the dentist every six months since he turned 3 without fail. Luv just barely started. The other day I realized, I have teeth too and I should probably go to the dentist. I haven't gone in 6 years! I only had two cavities BTW...Pretty impressive for not going for that long.
I'm so grateful for my kids and keep reminding myself to stop worrying about the "fun to do" stuff or even the "need to do" stuff like cleaning and just play with my kids more often. If I've learned ONE thing about motherhood it's that it goes by very fast. You're babies grow up and then leave and your chances to snuggle, tickle, kiss away the bumps/bruises, protect them from the "monsters under the bed", etc.. will be gone.
If you have young children ......ENJOY THEM EVERYDAY!!
1 comment:
Amen lady! :) I think you hit the nail on the head!! It's crazy how much your life shifts when you have kids! It really puts things into perspective and helps you realize what the truly important things in life are! Loved this post :D -and good job on only having two cavities haha!
Post a Comment