Saturday, January 28, 2012

Diaper Free!

Looking back through all the pictures in January, I realized most of Olivias pictures are of her in the tub.
I am so proud of this girl! Truly! She has taken us all by surprise and potty trained like a CHAMP!! I've been hesitant for a very long time mainly because all last year I was pregnant and didn't have the energy, motivation or patience to teach her even though she was ready and second, if you know my daughter, you know she's a stubborn child. She WILL NOT do anything she doesn't want to do. I was really scared of the battle I thought would ensue once potty training began. 
But to our relief and amazement she did great. We started a week ago and she's going in the potty most of the time. She still is a little hesitant to go #2 in the potty but still tries. She still has at least one accident every day but is really good about telling me so we can clean it up quickly. We've even been able to go to a few places during the week like shopping, grandmas or out to lunch and not worry about accidents. I'd take her once we got there and just kept asking if she needed to go. I also think all the positive attention she's getting from the whole family (even Ayden) is just what she needed. Seeing all of us get excited and do a potty dance when she went pee in the potty helped her a lot. She felt a lot of support and love from all of us. 


Yes, even Bat Woman takes baths.
I love you so much, my sweet little Luv! We're so proud of you.

No comments: