Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gifts

Today was such a great day. Today was my birthday. And I didn't realized how much I was loved. It really overwhelmed me to get texts all day from friends and family saying Happy
Birthday. Then I got on Facebook and was overwhelmed with the number of people wishing me a Happy Birthday. It was really sweet! I'm so grateful for having so many close friends and family members and for for the gifts and birthday wishes.
But I have to share perhaps the sweetest gesture of all. My bishop's wife, Annette works at the Dr.'s office that I take the kids to. She is one of the most incredible women I've ever met! She teaches the gospel principles class (I think) in our ward. She's amazing! Ever since I met her, I've admired her so much. You wont find a more caring, compassionate and genuinely loving woman! Anyway, I've been talking with her lately because Brent and I don't have health insurance and I really need to go to the doctor and she's been trying to help me get an appointment. Anyway, while I was talking on the phone to her today, I mentioned it was my birthday. She wished me a Happy Birthday then we hung up. She came over later to drop off a form then left.
Then around 8:30 tonight we hear the doorbell ring. I answered the door and it's Annette, again. In her hands were a birthday cake and flowers. She came in and apologized for not wishing me a Happy Birthday when she came over earlier. She also was apologizing for giving me a cake that that was store bought and flowers that weren't that extravagant. Little did she know, my heart was SOOOO overwhelmed with gratitude and love by her gesture. For this dear woman to think of me on my birthday was more than enough for me. She also (along with Ayden and Brent) sang Happy Birthday to me before leaving. Her reason for doing this was because she remembers what it's like to be a mom with young kids and be so overwhelmed and stressed out. She knows I've been struggling with Olivia and wanted me to know I was loved. I can't even begin to express my gratitude to Annette for this small act of love. My heart is so full right now. Not only by her gift but by all the gifts and gestures this day. It's been amazing!

1 comment:

Hallie said...

She is amazing isn't she. We're all so luck to have her.What a blessing she is.Hope ya had a good BD, sure sounds like it.