Monday, December 15, 2008

Packer Update, Finally!

I've finally found time to post what's been happening in our lives. I wanted to post a bunch of pictures also but our computer is so slow now I knew it'd take longer than usual so I needed to find about an hour to do this! December has been great so far. The semester is over and Brent and I are just enjoying being together and not having to worry about homework. It's lovely! I'm halfway done with my pregnancy and definitely starting to show. I'll have to post a picture of my belly. Anyway, I've posted a few pictures to go with our update. An explanation will be below each picture.This picture above is just to let everyone know we are for sure having a GIRL! Brent and Ayden came with me again to my "big" ultrasound where the doctor makes sure everything is going well with the baby. She said it's 100% a girl and she's growing perfectly. We have a lot of ultrasound pictures I need to scan and post also. I'm so glad we're having a girl! Brent really wanted a boy at first but after he got used to it, he began to get really excited. When we went to my appointment, he said he hoped it was still a girl because now he really wants one! I posted this shirt also because when I got it, I showed Brent and he just smiled and said, "But I don't know how to do a girls hair" and I said "Well, you'll just have to learn". I'm so excited to see how he is with a daughter, I know he's just going to melt when he sees her. I hope she's a daddy's girl. I also can't wait to see how Ayden is with her. He always talks about him being a big brother and his little "stitster".
This is our newest and oldest piece of furniture. Back in October Brent and I decided that I should learn how to play the piano. We started to look around for a piano and found out Brent's mom had an extra one she was letting a neighbor borrow. She told the neighbor that they could borrow it until one of her kids wanted to use it so when we found out about it, we went and got it right away. I'm excited to learn. I've signed up for a basic piano for adults class at weber next semester so I'll have to learn and practice. It'll be fun. Ayden loves it too!

This one is kind of random. One night I was being grumpy and really wanted donuts so Brent stayed up till after midnight and made me these Krispy Kreme copycat donuts. They were awesome. We gave one to Ayden in the morning and just left the plate in the kitchen. Slowly through out the day, they started disappearing. I'm pretty sure Ayden ate them all. I think he'd go grab one, hide and eat it because I never saw him eating one. It does explain why he was so hyper that day.



This is our christmas tree. It was so much more fun this year because Ayden was old enough to help decorate. I had to laugh though because everytime I'd give him an ornament, he'd just stick them all in the same spot. Notice all the ornaments clumped together at the bottom...yep, that was him. We've had to take all the ornaments off and put them all on the top because now he just pulls them off. It's so annoying! He's broken like 10 so far.


This is our Lightning McQueen zuccini bread. We wanted zuccini bread one night and didn't have bread pans so we improvised. It was fun and I'm glad we were able to use this pan again. I used it for Ayden's second birthday and haven't had a reason till now.


Congrats to Kasey and Chelsi! We went to visit them in the hospital after Chelsi had Auklin. He's sooo cute! Good job, guys.


This is just a picture of Ayden. I haven't posted one of him in a while. He's a cutie! He's also still learning how to smile when I tell him to "say cheese".



This was fun, so we had a birthday breakfast last saturday for Brent's brother Jaron. We didn't want to drive down early in the morning so we spent the night. Jaron and his family and Janine and her boys spent the night too. The next morning we had an awesome breakfast and had a little birthday for Jaron. It was so fun. Except when we were leaving I got bit in the leg by the nighbors dog. It hurt pretty bad. Luckily it didn't break the skin. I was afraid I'd have to go in to see my doctor to make sure I didn't have rabies or something. We joke that if our baby comes out a little hairier than normal and likes dog food, we'll blame it on the dog bite. ;)


Last but certainly not least, I surprised Brent last friday with this sweet little puppy. He really wanted her so I went and got her, bathed her and stuck a pink ribbon on her. He was way excited. We even took her to sleep over Brent's parents that weekend. All the grandkids liked her too. We were so excited to have her in our home until we started to notice Ayden rubbing his eyes and having a hard time breathing. He got really allergic to her. We didnt' know he had an allergy to dogs because he's never really been around them. He would carry her around and put her in his bed and that really caused an allergic reaction. We decided we couldn't keep her and posted her on ksl. We thought we'd atleast have a few more days with her but within 2 hours of posting her, someone called and came and got her. When the couple who came to get her was leaving, Ayden starting crying. He didn't want her to leave and that made me cry. So we all just stood there and cried for a while. It was sad. We all fell in love with her but knew we couldn't keep her in the house with Ayden. He's over it now. I don't think he even remembers her. We named her Lily. She's was sweet and she will be missed. However, the family that came and got her adored her and I know they'll spoil her more than we could have. They didn't have any kids and acted like she was one of their children. They were telling us all the thing they are going to buy her so we know she is happy.

5 comments:

Lindsay Thacker said...

Awee... shal thats so sad! Im sorry you had to get rid of your puppy! He was sooo cute! AND i must say i absolutley love your topper picture! ADORABLE! Did brents mom take it? Im so excited for you! I cant wait for you to have a little angel!

The Stone's said...

What a fun and busy December! I'm so excited that you're having a girl! Grandpa Stone told me you're naming her Olive (don't worry, Teena corrected him) and said we could have a whole salad with Olive and Parsley. I guess Paislee has turned into Parsley! Lol! Can't wait to see you guys at the Christmas party!!!

Dixie Packer said...

oohhh, that's so sad about your puppy. it's crazy when you have no idea they're going to be allergic to something.

Unknown said...

YAY!! It's for sure a girl :D How exciting Shal. I'm sure she'll be beautiful like her mommy! Too bad you had to get rid of the little pup. Me and Chris had to get rid of one of ours forever ago because we had two and they hated each other :( It's hard to do.

Kara J said...

That's great you're learning to play the piano, Shal! I'm so excited for you! You're just doing it all with school, babies, and primary... you're amazing!