Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Raising Humans

Ayden punched a hole in is door today. He gets angry at something and lets it build until he explodes. This time it was the fact that he was behind in a few classes and has been lying about the fact that he's had homework. He beats himself up so much. Brent and I get frustrated with his behavior. I feel lost sometimes when it comes to finding a solution. There needs to be consequences but also conversations about behavior awareness. Tonight we tried to help him understand the importance of coming to us for help before he explodes. I'm not sure it'll be that easy. 
I worry about his relationships with others when he becomes an adult. Will a girlfriend or wife put up with his explosive anger? Will his roommates be okay with him punching holes in the apartment walls? I don't think so and that worries me so much! How can I help him manage his anger in a healthy way?!
Are Brent and I responding the right way when he behaves like this? I don't know! 

No comments: