Sunday, July 1, 2012

Thrifting

 First, let me start off by saying our family LOVES shopping at thrift stores! Brent and I were raised by frugal mothers who taught us how to make the most of our money. How grateful I am that we were both raised this way and were able to learn this. We've saved TONS of money over the years and when you have a small family on a budget, every penny counts!
Last Monday, Ayden, Allen and I (Olivia was at dance) went to Saver's to check out the deals. That day happened to be a huge sale day. Everything in the store was 50% off!! I filled my cart with the things we've all been in need of and went to check out. This is what we got...

Little Monkey got 4 pairs of shorts and 1 pair of swim shorts.

Ayden got 7 pairs of shorts

And a karate suit. It fits him perfectly and was in perfect condition. He's on the waiting list for a karate class. This exact uniform at the arts academy he'll be going to was $25, I got it for $2!!!!

Little Miss got 3 dresses, 4 black leotards, 2 dance skirts and 2 white under shirts. 

Obviously I'm going to think this because I'm her mother, but I think this girl is the most beautiful girl in the ENTIRE world. She may drive me insane but I couldn't imagine life without that beautiful smile!

And for me, I got two dresses and two shirts. I didn't get to try them on at the store but luckily they fit great!

So...I bet you're wondering how much I spent on this. Let's recap...

  • 12 pairs of shorts
  • 5 dresses
  • 4 dance leotards
  • 2 dance skirts
  • 2 shirts 
  • 2 white undershirts
  • 1 karate uniform
FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF:  $52.88

 Oh, how we love a great deal!!

No comments: