MY HUSBAND!!!
If you know my husband, you know he's full of jokes and sarcasm, not wisdom (or at least if he is, he never shares it.) Something he told me keeps popping into my mind and I'm so grateful he said it. It was about a month or two ago and I was complaining (like always) about being pregnant and how I just want the baby out when Brent put things into perspective for me.
He told me he remembered a time when Olivia was really sick and he remembered thinking he wished there was something he could do to take her pain away. He hated seeing her miserable and he'd gladly take that pain upon himself so she wouldn't have to suffer. Then he said, "If you could, wouldn't you rather suffer through pain so our kids wouldn't have to?" That really opened my eyes. If I were to have the baby too early, he would probably have health issues and suffer from any number of complications. And by me suffering through the last grueling months of my pregnancy and doing everything I can to take care of my body so he gets here safely and on time, I'm essentially taking that pain/suffering away that would come if he were born too early.
Does that make sense?
Anyway, every time I feel so fed up with being pregnant that I want to scream, I think about the sacrifice I'm making to ensure my little guy comes when he's ready. Being pregnant is hard. I'm not the only woman in the world that has a very uncomfortable pregnancy. Bringing life into this world is such an incredible blessing and miracle. I think it wouldn't be as incredible of an experience if it were super easy.
I really DO NOT like being pregnant but I love my children and would do anything for them including feeling like crap for 9 months!
I'm so grateful for a sweet, patient husband who not only puts up with my whining but helps me realize the positive side of things!
No comments:
Post a Comment