Friday, August 26, 2011

Park City Get-Away

Back at the beginning of the summer, I mentioned to Brent that we probably wouldn't be able to go camping as much as we usually do. We love camping! However, being pregnant all summer long, I knew I wouldn't be able to last sleeping on an air mattress so I had an idea. I told Brent that it might be fun to plan a night and go to a hotel instead of camping. Both kids have only been to a hotel once. They were both just a few months old so this would be totally new to them.

Last weekend, we packed up and headed to Park City. We explained to Ayden what a hotel is (he had a pretty good idea already) and he was so excited! We couldn't leave fast enough! As soon as we got there, we had a little bit of time before the pool closed so we put our suits on and went for a swim. My kids were pretty ecstatic the whole time. It was so fun to watch how excited they were. To grown-ups, hotels aren't that cool. But to kids, it's the best place ever! We swam for a little while. The pool was freezing! Brent and I didn't want to get in but the kids were too anxious and excited so we sucked it up and got in with them.

After swimming, we all got cleaned up and got ready for movie night! Luckily there was a Fresh Market right next to the hotel so Brent ran over and grabbed some treats and breakfast for the next morning. While he was gone, the kids took full advantage of having two beds within close proximity of each other!
We made Banana Splits (thank heavens there was a refrigerator in our room!) and watched our favorite movie, Bedtime Stories. If you've never seen it, go watch it! It's a movie the whole family will enjoy. We have a hard time finding a movie that our whole family can watch and be entertained so Bedtime Stories is perfect!

We got up bright and early and what did the kids want to do? Swim! The pool was still way too cold so we hung out in the hot tub. And when I say hot tub, I mean warm, perfect bath tub temperature hot tub. Being pregnant, I know I'm not supposed to get in a hot tub for too long or even at all depending on the temperature. But this hot tub was perfect!

The kids were a little bummed when it was time to go but we told them we'd do it again one day.

I decided to get a picture of the belly while I had a nice big mirror. I am so impatient! I cannot wait for this little guy to get her! I can't wait to hold him and kiss him and I can't wait for the kids to give him tons of lovin'!


No comments: