
It's official! My little boy is all grown up! He's officially a Kindergartner! We've successfully made it through our first week of school. This week has been so hard for me! I didn't think I'd be this emotional! I think it may be because I'm pregnant and have all the extra lovely hormones or the fact that he's my oldest (most likely a combination of both). Almost every time I've dropped him off, I've lost it. I would just ball like a baby. I think Ayden knew how I'd react better than I did. A week before he started school, he came to me and said, "Mom when I'm at school and you miss me, you should go on a date with dad so you're not sad." :-) At first I just laughed but after the second day of school, I ended up calling Brent and asking him if he wanted to get some lunch because I was having a bad day. My son is too smart. There were a few times that I thought of turning the car around and going home and telling Ayden he can start school next year but I know he's totally ready, it's me that needs help adjusting.
Ayden started school last Wednesday. The Tuesday night before, Brent, Ayden and I (Luv was sleeping) sat in the front room and Brent gave Ayden his first school blessing. It was such a sweet experience! Brent has never given someone an official blessing for school so this was a first and we both were so excited to share this with Ayden. I'm so grateful Brent was able to do that for Ayden.

Here we are, patiently and nervously waiting for the bell to ring.

The 14 is for when I pick him up. I have a 14 on my windshield so his teacher knows my car is the only car he can get in. Safety first!!
Olivia thought it was her first day as well. After I told her it was time to leave, she got pretty grumpy. She's ready for school! She's such a social girl ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment