Friday, May 14, 2010

He melts my heart

I wanted to share a quick story. I use this blog as a journal and needed to record it. So a few nights ago Ayden woke up and came in my room. He was crying a little bit because he had had a bad dream. I grabbed him and wrapped him up in my arms and drifted back to sleep. He woke me up and said, "Mom I had a bad dream and I'm scared to go to sleep. Will you say a prayer?" Not realizing how cute this was, I quickly say a prayer and we both fell asleep. It wasn't until the next day that I remembered. I'm so proud of Ayden for wanting me to say a prayer so he could feel comforted. I've always taught him to pray always about everything because Heavenly Father loves him and will help him with anything. It's moments like that that melt my heart and make me so overwhelmingly grateful to be a mom. I have the best job in the world. It's hard but soooo rewarding when things like this happen. I love my little guy so much.

2 comments:

The Stone's said...

That is adorable! What a good boy! And what a good mom!!! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

OH, I love this story...it made my eyes water! You are such a good mommy Shal!