The girls in my ward were up all week at girls camp. Because I'm still nursing Olivia, I couldn't go up the whole time. I wasn't even going to go. I got a call from another leader on Tuesday and she was driving up Wednesday morning and just staying for the day so I decided to go with her and just bring Olivia with me. I really wanted to go because yesterday (wed) was testimony meeting and that's my FAVORITE time during camp. So we drove up to Franklin, Idaho, got completely lost, laughed our heads off and eventually found the place. The other leader I went up with, Shanda, has a little girl to so we just sat at the campsite while the girls went horseback riding.
When they got back, we started dinner and just hung out. I was so glad I went up there. It was good to be around the girls and leaders in a "non" church environment for once. They kind of let their guard down and just wanted to have fun. I got to know them so much better. After dinner, we went on a Value Trail. It's basically a path you walk down in the forest and every 30 feet there was a camp leader who would talk a little bit about each Young Women value. Being the Personal Progress Leader, I loved it and was glad we did it. The girls got a better understanding of the values and there role in this gospel and how it can apply to them.
After we got back, we had testimony meeting. This was and will always be my favorite part of girls camp. I can still remember when I was in YW's and I bore my testimony as a YW. This time I was able to bare my testimony as a leader and it was such an amazing experience. The girls in my ward are absolutely amazing and have such strong testimonies and I was so grateful to have heard them all. Each girl is so different but yet has a strong testimony of the gospel. Of course, we all cried and had this amazing spirit present the whole time. It was just awesome! After that, Shanda and I headed home. By the way, Shanda is now one of my favorite people. I'm glad I was able to drive up there and back with her. The drive was supposed to be a little less than 2 hours but we got so lost it ended up being like 3 1/2 hours so we had a lot to talk about. I'm excited to get to know all the other leaders better also.
1 comment:
Oh your one of my favorite people too!:) LOL I ihave not laughed that hard in a long time. I can not believe we drove up that mountain! Thanks so much for driving up with me! We have to start hanging out! Camp was great. I feel like we are closer as a young womens organization now! It was a good bonding experience. Oh and good job on the P party, it turned out so cute!
Post a Comment