Sunday, January 11, 2009

School, Contractions, and a Name

Sorry, no pictures today. I've noticed it's a lot easier uploading my pictures once a month and labeling the folder whatever the month was. I've done it like that for ages and since I started a blog my pictures have been all over the place because I upload them more often. So anyway, I'll just be posting pictures once or twice a month now. Sorry.
This week has been good. It was the first week back to school and it went pretty well, for me atleast. Brent's classes will probably be really hard and he won't have time to breath this semester. I, on the other hand, think my classes will be a little better. I'm taking math, pyschology, and art. All my teachers are going to be really cooperative because I'm having the baby so close to finals. They're all going to work with me as the end of the semester approaches. I don't have a million assignments either. Just one or two a month with an exam. I can definitely handle that. Last semester was a joke and I only had 2 classes.
Ayden is doing great. He was more hyper than normal this week which was a little frustrating. I'm getting too big to chase him around or even hold him for a long time. Which reminds me, we had a little scare this weekend...
I started having contractions thursday night during class. I wasn't really worried because they weren't that bad, just uncomfortable and annoying. So after class, I went home and went to bed. Well the next day, friday, I had them ALL day! It was horrible. I called my doctor and she suggested taking a warm bath, tylenol, lots of water and also a prescription she called in for me. So I did all of that. Took the bath, tylenol, water, gross medicine (I hate taking meds). None of it worked, she said if it didn't help that I should go to the hospital to have them stop the contractions. So by the time night came around I was still having contractions (not as bad as they were earlier) and having weird side effects from the medicine (shaky, fast heartbeat, coldsweat, that's why I hate meds, they make you feel worse everytime). I didn't think the contractions were bad enough that I needed to go to the hospital so I decided to just go to bed and if they were still there in the morning, I'd go in for sure. By the way, my sweet husband is never sick and thinks you should only go to the hospital if your arm or something is cut off so he wasn't the most helpful person in the world. After explaining this to him, he felt bad and tried to make me feel better. Anyway, morning came and after I took a shower, they went away.
It was so scary for a while though. I kept thinking, what if I went into real labor?! I'm only 24 weeks and I'm already having contractions. When I was pregnant with Ayden, it was so much easier. I never really had contractions, had a smooth pregnancy and awesome labor and delivery. I realized this pregnancy is going to be a lot different, I have contractions all the time now which is so scary to me. I wasn't planning on her being here til ATLEAST my due date but you never know. Each pregnancy is different. I guess this time I do have a little more stress than I did with Ayden. This time, I'm working (which actually isn't very stressful), going to school and chasing a little kid around the house, plus all the usual wife things I have to do like clean and cook.
Anyway, if you've read this far, way to go! Sorry this post is so long. I just have one more thing. Last night I made Brent sit down with me so we could look at more baby names. We are having a hard time choosing a name we both like. When we were naming Ayden, it was a lot easier. We heard the name Ayden and that was that. We both loved it. This time we can't even choose a name we kind of like. He has a bunch he likes and I have a bunch I like. Today while I was sitting in sacrament, I decided that I was kind of an idiot. We are having such a hard time choosing a name when there is something we can both do to help us find the right name. I told him that we need to pray and ask the Lord what name would be fitting for our little girl, after all, she's only ours while we are here on earth and she is truly a child of our Heavenly Father. Why not ask him to help us choose a name for her? So we'll see how it goes and hopefully we'll have a name for her before she gets here.

3 comments:

Dixie Packer said...

YAY, thanks for hooking me up, i got the notice and knew that you had updated your blog. i'm so excited i can keep up on you guys now. thanks. and i hope all goes well with your pregnancy, scary stuff. let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Unknown said...

Don't worry. We didn't decide on the name Analysse until the night before we went to the hospital to have her! We just couldn't settle on a name. We thought of a bunch that we really liked, but none of them seemed quite right. So it's ok, you still have time to decide :) My aunt and uncle couldn't decide on a name until a week or two after their little girl was born so she was Baby Girl for while. (I don't recommend that though :) I can't wait to hear what you name her! Good Luck! Oh, and I just wanted to tell you that my sister in law started contractions probably around 24 weeks as well and she made it all the way full term and had a perfectly healthy baby. So I don't want you to worry :)

The Terry's said...

The same thing happened to me when I was pregnant with Kate. I actually ended up going to the hospital though and they gave me a shot which totally like relaxed my body and made the contractions stop FINALLY! But I had been having them for like 3 days straight. I'm sure everything will be okay! It is so scary though, to think that you could have your baby so early! And about the name... what a sweet idea. I never thought about it that way! :)