Monday, January 19, 2009

"I eating sprinkles mom"

This is a bunch of different pictures from January. I'll just put a little bit about them under each one. I only have a few stories for this week. The first one happened today and I feel pretty bad. I've had a bladder infection for a while and I just feel horrible. I haven't had a ton of energy and I've had a really hard time getting things done the past few days. Anyway, I went to work this morning, came home and Ayden and I just hung out in the front room for a while. I decided I'd take a little nap and hopefully have energy to get going later. So during my nap, Ayden is just hanging out on the couch with me when he decides he wants a sandwich, so I tell him I'll get him one in a minute and I fall back asleep. Well, my resourceful and hungry son decides to go into the kitchen and get himself something to eat. He pushes a chair up to the counter and gets into the med/spice cabinet. Luckily all the medicines are on the highest shelf and have child-proof locks. He looks through the spices and decides he wants to eat SPRINKLES for lunch. I woke up and he had come back in the front room and was just eating the sprinkles on the floor. I was so out of it, I couldn't remember if I had given them to him or not so I asked him what he was doing and he just showed me the sprinkles and said, "i eating sprinkles mom". I felt so crappy. I asked him if he was hungry and he said yes so I got up and made him lunch. I felt like a terrible mom. I called Brent and told him I was feeling really sick still and Ayden had resorted to eating sprinkles for lunch, which he thought was hilarous, so he came home and took care of us. I'm having a harder time with this pregnancy and I feel so GUILTY. I just can't keep on top of things like I used to and I feel like a horrible mom. I really just need to get rid of this bladder infection and hopefully that helps a little. I'm just so grateful I have a sweet little son who hardly ever complains. He's been my life-saver during my pregnancy. Honestly, if he hadn't been as wonderful and "low maintenance", I don't know what I would have done.
One other new event which I'm pretty excited for is going on. Brent has a hard time exercising. He can't really get motivated to work out and make himself eat better. About 2 weeks ago his work told everyone they were going to do a BIGGEST LOSER challenge. Brent said he was thinking about doing it and I told him I'd get up with him every morning at 6:30 and exercise with him. So we started last week and it's going great! I'm SO proud of him for being so determined. I think it's mostly the competition that keeps him going but it's working. We've been exercising for only a week and he's already losing weight. The competition ends around April, I hope we can make it that long. I know he's going to lose weight like THAT. I told him he'll be the kind of person that can make a few lifestyle changes and lose a ton of weight. I'm opposite, I have to work my butt off (literally) to lose a few pounds.
My sweet angel, making life easier than normal for me. I'm so blessed to have such a sweetheart for a son. However, I don't think I'll get lucky twice. I think my daughter is going to be the monster, I can just feel it!

We took Ayden to Chuck E Cheese. We met up with his cousins and he had a blast.

All the kids really liked this little ride


Chuck E Cheese

Brent and Ayden playing a racing game. Ayden and Brent love nintendo games, ecspecially racing games. Just look at the concentraction in their faces.


I caught Ayden on the piano. Somehow he learned how to climb all the way up there. He's learned that if he does this again, it's an automatic time-out and he's been pretty good since.


One of my neighbors has a little boy and whenever he grows out of something, Ayden gets it. These are his shoes Kalani gave him and he was sooo excited, he wouldn't take them off. I'll tell him to go get his shoes and he refers to them as "Kalani's shoes", he doesn't quite understand they're his now.

Ayden doing what he loves, climbing on things and jumping off.




1 comment:

Dixie Packer said...

i'm sorry you're not feeling well. it's so great that ayden is so good for you. and don't feel bad for taking a nap.... sometimes we just have to (enjoy them while you can, before there are two)