Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Drum Roll, Please....

So I went to the doctor yesterday and Brent and Ayden came with me because my doctor said she was going to try and see what the sex of the baby was. Since I'm only 16 weeks she said she'd probably be able to tell but when we got there she gave me and 80% chance of what it was....So do you want to know...It's a girl!! Yep, I WAS RIGHT!! I've had a feeling for a while it was a girl and I was right. I read on a website that 71% of all pregnant women get it right. It must be instinct or something. I'm so excited to have a girl. To be honest, forever before I got pregnant and a little at the beginning I didn't want a girl. For the longest time, girls scared me. They are soooo dramatic and emotional and I didn't think I would ever be able to handle that. Well, it looks like we're going to find out if I can or not. I'm so excited for the other things that aren't scary like playing with her hair and dressing her in cute clothes. I'll finally have a little pal to sit next to me while I spend countless hours watching Brent and Ayden wrestle! I swear that's all I do now is watch them wrestle. I love it but now it's my turn to have someone to do stuff with. I'm mostly excited to see what Ayden will be like with a little sister (it even sounds cute). I hope he's sweet and gentle and not a meany. Anyway, just thought we'd let everyone know!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! Shal, I am soo sooo soooo excited for you. Not that I've ever had a boy but I sure do love having a little girl. You're so lucky :D CONGRATS!!!

Marchant Family said...

Congrats guys!! How exciting, girls can seem scary. But the drama and moodiness is hilarious if you just learn to laugh at it. Ellie isn't even two yet and she's already full of both of those things, but we are constantly laughing at it!!

The Terry's said...

YAY! Congrats Shal! I am so with you about the girl stuff and ALWAYS watching your boys wrestle... Steve and Bens are the same way! haha. I am so so excited for you!

Unknown said...

I did not even see that you had updated your blog. Maybe my bog roll thing was not working. Anyways, so I'm a little late, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! Girls are the best! Analysse is just the funniest, most dramatic little girl in the world and I love it (I heard the teenage years are brutal, but that's a ways off still :) I'm so excited for you! You'll love having a girl. They have a lot cuter clothes too, and their toys are way more fun! (Alright, maybe I still like playing dress up and baby dolls and having a girl gives me a good excuse to do it :) Congrats!