Monday, July 28, 2008

Bear Lake

We went to Bear Lake with some friends this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We really took advantage of Brents week off. We went up friday and stayed until saturday after noon. When we first got up there, our friend who owned the cabin wasn't there so we put on our swim suits and walked down to the beach. The water was so warm. We swam for a while and walked back up right when all our friends arrived. They wanted to swim so we went and swam again. After that we made dinner over the fire pit in their yard, roasted s'mores and fell asleep under the stars. It was Ayden's first time sleeping outside without a tent. The weather was so nice. Saturday morning, we made breakfast then went out to swim again. Brent and Kasey (Craven) set up a volleyball net out in the water and everyone (except me) played. It was fun just watching. After about 2 hours we decided to go back to the cabin and pack. We went home but not without stopping first at this famous raspberry shake place to get some lunch. It was such a nice vacation but as we were driving home, I noticed Brent started looking a little red. By the time we got home, his sunburn had shown up and it was horrible. He played in the sun for 2 hours without any sunblock! I put a ton on Ayden and myself. Brent was just so excited he forgot to put some on, I guess.



Ayden was completely exhausted at the end of the day.




Brent and Ayden playing in the water



I forgot to mention that we stayed at Tyler Call's cabin. Anyway, in the yard at his cabin there is a huge tower with stairs and a fenced platform at the top. Every chance Ayden got to climb up there, he took. So many times I'd look over and see him running over to go up the stairs. I kept telling him he can't go unless Brent or I went with him....yeah...he didn't listen.



This is at the top of the tower looking down. That cabin below was the one we stayed in.

Ayden at the top of the tower


Ayden trying to pose


This is the entire tower, as you can see Brent is taking Ayden to the top for the millionth time



This is the beautiful lake. Brent, Kasey and Chelsi are way out there. You can barely see them

The yard. The fire pit was straight ahead.


The patch of grass right in front of this bench is where we slept. We had a mattress, blankets and sleeping bags.

Tyler's cabin

Brent and Ayden

Ayden at the Beach










3 comments:

Chanel said...

Oh my your baby is so big that is so crazy!! He is dang cute though!!

Unknown said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a great time. I think the last time I went camping was with you guys and Nate and Lindsay when I was pregnant. That was a lot of fun. But I'm not the biggest camper though, so I don't know when we'll go again. Analysse doesn't sleep unless she is trapped in her crib so I'm afraid we'd fall asleep and she would roam the woods or something.

The Duckworth Family said...

Hey Shal it was really fun looking at your picutures and seeing all the fun things you have been doing! I wanted to cry looking at the pictures from downtown and wishing I could hav ebeen there! My kids loved that place! And then to hear how cute ayden is all the time. I sure miss you guys so much! You need to remind me via email more often when you update your blog. It's been forever since I had looked at it!

I can't wait also to see your house and your yard. It's going to be fun to be there for three weeks, although even though it sounds long it's going to fly by! i love ya!