Monday, November 14, 2011

Last Pregnancy Update (I hope!)

I wrote this the day before I had Allen :-)

My last pregnancy update. I wanted to record a few of my thoughts on here for later down the road.


  • I've had contractions everyday for the last week. They usually come at night and last a few hours. They never get closer than 10 minutes apart and slowly go away. It's so frustrating.
  • I'm pretty good at recording in my journal while I'm pregnant so I can safely say this has been my hardest pregnancy so far. Trying to keep up with my kids and just everyday life was so hard for me. I felt pain and discomfort a lot sooner and way more pain these last few weeks than I did with my other two. I didn't carry Ayden and Olivia this low which is probably the reason for all the new pains and discomfort.
  • Last week felt like the longest week of my life. This week actually seems to be going faster. Everything is mostly planned if I make it til Friday. Brent is taking Thursday off so we can get the house ready and everything packed. On Friday, we'll just hang out and make sure everything is ready. Ayden will go to school. It's just a short day but he's having a little Thanksgiving feast that day and I don't want him to miss it. We'll pick him up at 1 and head down to Layton. We're dropping the kids off at Brents sisters house and then heading to the hospital.
  • I'm so excited! I keep thinking, "This is last Sunday pregnant"...then..."This is my last Monday pregnant".
  • Ayden has been super sensitive lately. He's also been very complimentive. I think he can tell how uncomfortable and miserable I am. He's always hugging me, kissing me and complimenting me. He's seriously the most caring little boy I've ever met. He genuinely cares about peoples feelings.
  • Olivia went through a phase for the last few months. She was a lot harder to handle. However, in the last few weeks, Brent and I have noticed a change in her. She's been a lot better. We've really tried to give her more positive attention and encouraging her when she's being good and it's helped so much. Perfect timing to!
  • Brent has been nothing short of AMAZING!! I really don't know what to say about him. He comes home from work and jumps right into cleaning the house, cooking dinner and taking care of the kids while I miserably waddle around the house. And the thing that has impacted me most is his attitude!! If I had to work all day then come home to a messy house, hungry kids and a grumpy wife, I'd be a grump. Not Brent. He comes home smiling, kisses me and asks me how I feel, plays with the kids then jumps into action. He'll cook dinner while entertaining the kids or clean the house and make it a game for the kids. He's seriously the most amazing man I've ever known (next to my Grandpa Stone ;-) ). I wouldn't have been able to last these last few weeks without him. 
  • Brent is also choosing the babys name. I used to be really worried but at this point, I honestly don't care. I just want him out. And I know Brent will choose a great name. He's been asking me what I think about some names lately and they've all sounded pretty good to me.
  • I'm getting SUPER annoyed at people coming up to me and saying, "Are you still pregnant?" (like they can't tell!!!) Or "You're still here?" I mean, come on people, I'd like to NOT be pregnant anymore to!! Be a little sensitive!!
  • I'm dilated to a 4 and he's completely dropping. My cervix hasn't thinned a very much but I feel like once labor starts, he'll come pretty quick.

No comments: