Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Little Lady, Big Moments

 
So my little Luv is amazing! Since I'm so close to my due date, I don't have the energy needed to potty train her. Brent really wants me to but I just can't right now. And I don't want to spend tons of time trying to potty train her and then chance that she might regress after the baby is born......
Anyway, this girl is wonderful. She is slowly but surely learning on her own. We were at JoAnn's on Friday and just as I was about to leave the store, Luv says, "I go pee in potty mom?" I just look at her and think "Really?!" I said "Are you sure you need to go potty?". She said yep so we walked over to the bathrooms, took her diaper off (which was totally dry) and she WENT!!! I was shocked that she held it in and wanted to go potty at the store. I made a huge deal about it. I told her I was so proud and we needed to go home right now and tell daddy. Brent is so good at getting sooo excited when the kids accomplish something. They always get so excited to tell him stuff. She was pretty proud of herself. And then yesterday, we dropped Ayden off at school and ran to Wal-Mart to grab a few things and Little Miss said she needed to go AGAIN. We went to the bathroom, took off her diaper (dry again) and she surprised me once again! This time I told her she could pick out a treat. I probably should have taken this picture before I let her open her M&M's and get all messy but oh well. She sure looks happy!
Sometimes I feel like she grew up so much faster than Ayden did. I think I "babied" him for so long. Olivia has always seemed a lot older than she is. She's always wanted to jump right in with the big kids. She's going to seem so much older once the baby gets here. I miss my baby girl sometimes. She was a little monster but I still miss it...(a little). It just makes me so grateful another sweet little baby will be here soon!
Good Job Luvy Lou!!
We love you!

1 comment:

C said...

Something we did as kind of a passive potty training was getting her a little potty that stayed in the area that we were in and I kept her mostly bottomless. There were accidents on the carpet, but she quickly figured out that she could walk over to the little potty and use that instead.