I saw this picture on a website and it got me thinking about the last 6 months. Back in January, I felt really impressed to do a major de-junking/early spring cleaning of my house. It took me the whole month, I went through every room and totally de-junked. I got rid of tons of clothes, furniture, toys, decorations, craft stuff, shoes, dishes, containers and miscellaneous stuff. I felt like the Lord really wanted me to do this but I wasn't quite sure why. I felt very strongly that he was only revealing a little at a time to me. At the time, we knew we wanted to start trying for another baby and that's all. We had no intentions of selling our home. As time went by, we got pregnant and started feeling like it was time to move. Had I not totally de-junked my house before I got pregnant, we probably wouldn't have had the house ready to sell before the baby came. I wouldn't have had the energy for everything I had to do.As I look at the list of things we have still to do before we post the house, I am so grateful I followed that prompting back in January. All we need to do now is fix up a few minor things, re-paint trim and box up stuff to simplify each room. Our biggest task will be to re cement the driveway which won't be that bad. As I look back at the last 6 months, I know now the Lord was leading me here. I kept thinking back in January that I had no idea what this new year was going to be like and that scared me a little. I'm so grateful the Lord only showed me a little at a time. Had I known back in January that we were going to have baby #3 and move into a new home this year, I would have freaked out.
I'm so grateful for this experience and how it's taught me to have faith in the Lord and His timing even when you aren't sure where he's leading you.
Back in January, I took a few pictures of the things I needed to de-junk. I don't have what the rooms look like now but I will next month when we post the house. Don't judge to harshly, I know my house was a disaster :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment