Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grandpa Stone

It's hard to put into words how much you love a person. I could go on for days and days talking about my beloved grandpa. I've never met a more Christ-like man in my life. I have so many incredible memories of him. Not one of those memories was of him getting angry or saying a mean thing about someone. He believed in loving one another and showing unconditional love and was able to show us this better than anyone. I know without a doubt he's with our Father in Heaven and he's so happy. I know he's preparing a place for my grandma so one day, she and he can be together for eternity. I had the privilege of making gramps funeral video. It was an incredible healing experience for me. Every picture I saw of gramps showed him living, actually living. He traveled all around the world. He created an amazing legacy with his high school sweetheart. He was married to my grams for 50 years and treated her like a queen every single day. He lived an incredible life surrounded by his family. He loved his family more than anything on this earth. Every picture, he was smiling at someone in his family. He had the most amazing testimony of the gospel. He had the privilege of working at the temple these last years of his life. I've really never met a better man. I love him so much but I know he's where he needs to be. The Lord needed him more than we did and that's okay. I will see him again.


He used to take some of the great-grand kids to Winder Dairy every Wednesday. He'd get cheese curds and ice cream, take them back to the house and just enjoy his time with them. He lived for his greats :)

The grand kids and the greats got to release balloons for him.


My sweet brothers

1 comment:

The Stone's said...

Such an incredible man. I miss him so much, but I'm so glad that I have the knowledge that this is not the end. I hope I can be just like him someday!