Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Year's Eve 2010


We spent New Years Eve with friends. It was a blast. We played games, ate junk food and had lots of fun. Just like every year. As for my new years resolutions...... My life is really busy so I keep them to a bare minimum to actually make reaching my goals realistic.
  • De-junk/re-organize my house
  • Teach myself how to play the piano
  • Potty train Olivia before we have another baby
The first one is coming along wonderfully!! We've taken at least 5 big trips to DI to donate all our junk. I've also let neighbors and family come rummage through all our junk. It's been so nice! We're also re-modeling our bathroom so stay tuned for pictures.

The second resolution will be a slow but steady process. I'm making myself spend some time every week at our piano. I've got a few "How to" books so we'll see how it goes.

The third will be the hardest. My little girl is stubborn and will only go potty in the toilet when she wants to. This will be a long process but it needs to be down so wish me luck!

Last years resolutions.........only 2 but I reached my goals. First one (I know sounds lame but I'm a busy mom with no time to get ready) Be more fashionable. Use accessories and don't be afraid to wear something "not mommy-ish" LOL. I'm glad I made this resolution last year because it made me want to pay more attention to my wardrobe. I have fun stepping outside my comfort zone and wearing clothes that I thought might not be really "mommy-ish" (still modest of course). I'm an accessory freak now and I love looking for stylish outfits (even @ the thrift store....oh yeah, I said it!).

Second one- Take my exercising up a few notches. Push myself further than I've ever gone. It was soooo awesome. It gave me a new passion for running and exercise. Not just that but it also gave me a new passion for healthier eating. I still enjoy some junk food from time to time but I don't feel like I'm torturing myself when I count calories anymore. I also ran my first 5K last July and that was something I've been wanting to do for years. I plan on doing a 5K every year from here on out (unless my too sick due to pregnancy).
These 2 resolutions from last year are apart of my everyday life now and I'm hoping by the end of this year, my new ones will be as well. :)

Here's to a great 2011

No comments: