Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Our First Trip to the ER

Back in November we had a really scary experience with Ayden. He had a cough and as time went by, it got worse and worse. It turned into croup almost over night. We kept him home from school and watched him closely. I called a friend and asked for advice because her son has asthma. She came over and heard his breathing, left us a breathing treatment and said to call her if it got worse. About 3:30 AM Ayden woke up and could BARELY breathe. It was sooooo scary. I was trying not to panic. We gave him the breathing treatment and it did nothing. So I called my friend (@ 4 AM) and told he it didn't work. She came over and said we need to take him to the Emergency Room right away. I was panicking. Ayden, by this point was really barely breathing. She and I sped to the hospital. My whole body was so stiff from panicking. It was crazy. After we got him in and they gave him some steroids and another breathing treatment, my friend took my car home and stayed there so Brent could come up. Someone had to stay there while Olivia slept. We ended up staying until about 7:30 AM. Ayden was so awesome. He was very cooperative with the nurses and Dr. He took both breathing treatments and steroid without complaints. He was so brave. I'm so grateful he was okay. Kim, my friend, is so awesome. Not only did she help us all night, she took Olivia the next day so Ayden and I could get some sleep. True friend right there!

No comments: