We have been busy, busy lately. I've been wanting to post a "quick" update but uploading pictures, resizing them, then posting takes about 1-2 hours so I have a hard time finding a second to sit down at the computer. Anyway, I'll try and recap our lives in the past 2 weeks. Some of the pictures will have stories underneath. Most of them are on here because they were either highlights of my week or the worst moments of my week. Regardless, Ayden is still alive after all the bad things he did.
Brent- Doing great (like always). He always has so much on his plate and still never complains. Instead, he listens to me complain and tries to keep me happy. He just finished a big project for his English class and we can all breathe a little easier at home. I had to help him with it and it was a bit of a pain. Oh yeah, WE ARE HAVING A BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR BRENT ON FRIDAY THE 13TH AT HIS PARENTS HOUSE. IT'S AT 6:30 PM. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME IS MORE THAN WELCOME. THE MORE PEOPLE, THE MORE FUN. WE'LL PLAY GAMES AND HAVE CAKE, ICE CREAM, BROWNIES, ROOT BEER FLOATS, ETC.... CALL ME FOR THE ADDRESS IF YOU WANT TO COME!
Shal- I'm doing great considering I'm now carrying a medium size bowling ball in front of me. Our little baby is the most ACTIVE little thing in the world. She kicks ALL DAY!!! I'm not joking. She also kicks right when I want to go to bed. Last night I just kept smiling because I was dead tired and she was wide awake kicking me all over the place! It's annoying sometimes but I just tell myself that if I can feel her moving, then I know she's alive and well. I had a dr. appt yesterday and she's doing great. She's growing a little ahead of schedule and according to her size, she should be here around April 30th, that's about 5 days earlier than my regular due date. I'm still going to go off May 4 but we'll see. Ayden's birthday is March 29th and Brent and I thought it would be cool if she came April 29th. Brent and I got released from Primary and I've been called as the PERSONAL PROGRESS Leader in the Young Women's. We had our first activity last night and went to the Draper Temple. It was so fun. I love the girls already. We have a very small YM/YW group because our ward is made up of newly marrieds and nearly deads so we have very few teenagers. I'm excited for this calling and just greatful I passed off my personal progress in high school
Ayden- He's a little stinker but we love him anyway. Lately he's been testing his boundaries with us and I've had to exercise ALOT or patience with him. I always tell people I need more patience to deal with Brent instead of Ayden. Lately, they've both tied for first place. I still love him and have had a few cute moments with him the last few weeks. A few days ago I was reading 'What to Expect When Your Expecting' and it showed a picture (just a sketch) of what the female body looks like at 28 weeks and how the baby is positioned in the womb. Ayden thought this picture was SO interesting. I would point to the picture and explain that that is what "little sister" looks like in mommy's tummy. He would look at the picture, then back and my stomach, then back at the picture again. He wanted me to pull my shirt up so he could see my belly. He started touching it then he said, "Hi stitster, want come play with Ayden". I thought it was the cutest thing in the world. I almost started crying. I think he finally realized there is a baby inside me and she's going to be here soon. It was such a sweet experience. He talks about her a lot more now. Yesterday at my appt, Ayden came with me and sat on my lap while my doctor did an ultrasound. I tried to show Ayden the baby's heart beating but he just said "no it's a bish (fish, he can't say his "f" sound at all). I just laughed. He had no idea what he was looking at. I'd say "look there's her leg or nose" and he'd just look at me like "mom, you're crazy".
So lately time-outs have NOT worked. If Ayden is being bad, I'd tell him to go sit in time-out and he'd jump on the chair and just laugh. He didn't care at all that he was being punished. A few times he'd just get bored or want attention and put himself in time-out. He'd yell "no, time-out" fold his arm and go sit in the corner or on a chair. If I put him on, he'd just laugh and try and get off. It's been really frustrating. Can you tell he's being punished? I can't.
Auklin. It made me so excited for when he'll be able to hold our little girl! Not to mention, Auklin is one of the cutest baby's in the world! He also makes this picture so cute.
We've been spending a lot of weekends at Steve Sanders house playing ZARAHEMLA and one night Ayden decided to make Steve's dad, Larry, his new best friend. He followed Larry EVERYWHERE, called him buddy and sat with him while they watched TV. I thought it was so cute and I hope Larry didn't get annoyed with Ayden. He was such a sweetheart with him, so patient and treated him just like one of his own grandkids.
I cursed myself the day I put this shirt on Ayden. It says "I don't have an off button". And he lived up to that name the ENTIRE DAY!! By the time Brent got home from work I was almost in tears. I had had such a long and frustrating day with Ayden. He was just testing my patience all day, with everything. He'd make a huge mess and I would tell him to clean it up and he's just laugh and run away. I'd put him in time-out and he'd just laugh. Ugh! It was a hard day and Brent could tell I was at my wit's end. He was a sweetheart and sent me off to the store for some alone time to relax and be away from Ayden.
27 weeks

I hate taking belly shots but I realized after I had Ayden that I should have taken more just to be able to look back at them. I think I have like one or two of when I was pregnant with Ayden. I told myself I'll take one every month whether I like it or not. I hate it so far but I know I'll be glad I did later on. Plus, if I had a friend or family member who was pregnant, I know I'd like to see their cute growing tummies. So this is mostly for Camille and any other friend or family member I don't see very often. You're Welcome!
3 comments:
ayden is the cutest thing ever! he looks soooo cute with that little smile on his face in his time-out chair. oh and... what he said was adorable.... talking to his stister. maddie says stister like that too.
You are such a cute prego! Take those belly shots with pride :P
You look so good! And you are such a good mom! Happy Birthday to Brent! Sorry we missed the party. We'll have to see you guys another time. You guys have such a cute family!
Post a Comment