Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sitting there all week!

I am notorious for losing my wedding ring, just ask my husband. It drives him crazy. In fact, two years ago he actually bought be a fake wedding ring to wear when I lose mine. So last tuesday after I got home from class I was exhausted and feeling really sick. I was sitting on the floor in front of our blue chair with my legs tucked in toward my chest and my wedding ring fell out of my pocket. I saw it on the floor right next to me but didn't think about it all. A bit later I saw Ayden playing with it, still, I dont' even think about it. The next day, I'm cleaning the front room thinking it's somewhere on the floor and it's nowhere to be found. Brent and I looked all week. I was starting to get worried like I always do when I lose it but this time I had a feeling I wouldn't find it. I said a little prayer hoping I'll find it some day. Tonight, one week after I lose it, I'm putting a movie in for Ayden (sitting on the floor next to my bookshelf) and the craziest thing happened. At that moment, I was thinking it really was lost. I looked over at Ayden and said, "Ayden where did you put mommy's ring?" Then I happened to glance over at my bookshelf and guess what I saw! It was so crazy. I started screaming and I ran in and told Brent. I couldn't believe it. It was so awesome. Anyway, I'm assuming last tuesday when Ayden was playing with my rings he set them on top of what else, the BOM. I thought that was funny too.


2 comments:

Dixie Packer said...

looks like ayden really enjoyed making cookies with you... AND eating them ;)

Kristin said...

Last year Todd & I went on a vacation to Hawaii with Todd's family. While at the Polynesian Cultural Center, I took my ring off to put on sunscreen. That night when we got back to the hotel, I realized I wasn't wearing it, and couldn't remember taking it off. I searched our room frantically for about ten minutes before Todd piped up, "What'd you lose?" I couldn't answer him. There was no way I was going to tell him I lost that ring. Then he goes, "Is this what you're looking for? I found it on the ground at the cultural center..." And he had the nerve to grin about it.
I'm so glad you found it!